Greek godpath/upgrade balance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greek godpath/upgrade balance

Post by XpT_Nakamura on Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 am

Opening topics which seemed to have serious attention on rts. I will not participate in the discussion lol. Go ahead.

XpT_Nakamura
Admin

View user profile http://aom-fp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Greek godpath/upgrade balance

Post by TSM_Player on Thu May 24, 2012 5:10 pm

As zeus the godpath seems alright already. Except for hera wich i hardly use unless i need the godpower asap and because i love forge of olympus and colossos.

Ares could be boost by giving more time to the godpower maybe(?) Or lower the special upgrades ( at least the favor as for hades/poseidon they lack it at classical age/ early heroic )

Boost Poseidon Archaic upgrade : Zeus has one awesome upgrade, vault of erebus is kinda ok but Poseidon one sucks.

All heroic godpowers seem ok to me in each particular situation. And an answer to colossos nerf could be explored with artemis. Just dont know where to explore because boosting chimeras in some way seems drastic, 2double specials already rape villagers and armys and their speed is already good.

TSM_Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PridE_Thunder on Thu May 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Ares godpower is OK and powerful when used propertly. The problem is the cyclope, he is too much expensive for hades/poseidon, at the same time he is very slow and is an easy target to kill. We should reduce his favor cost (actually 250f 20f to something like 250f and 17f wich is hard to get when you´re not zeus.

PridE_Thunder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [Hail]BoIt on Thu May 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Cyclops are actually extremely powerful, that's why they cost so much... They can one hit any human unit and are an effective meat shield. Any human unit including elephants... :S

[Hail]BoIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XpT_Nakamura on Fri May 25, 2012 12:09 am

Yes but still very hard to get enough favor to use him when you don't get zeus' favor bonus.
I'd risk a reduction to 18 favor for now, is that ok?
And the upgrade is a bit expensive too.

XpT_Nakamura
Admin

View user profile http://aom-fp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Hail]BoIt on Fri May 25, 2012 12:41 am

Tbh, I think he is fine and you need to make minotaur cost more.

[Hail]BoIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaeus on Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 am

Yes! I totally agree with Mail on this one. Cyclops are fine but Minotaurs are too cheap. And Pestilence should not be boosted because it would become too powerful on water.

I agree that Ares' (and Athena's) upgrades need to become much cheaper, cheap enough for people to afford them in Classical Age.

Ares:
Hoplite Upgrade: 200 F, 15 FA - to - 150 F 12 FA
Hypaspist Upgrade: 200 F, 15 FA - to - 150 F 12 FA
Toxotes Upgrade: 200 G, 20 FA - to - 150 G 12 FA

Athena:
Hoplite Pierce Armor Upgrade: 300 W, 25 FA - to - 200 W, 20 FA

I guess this will also tone down Forge of Olympus a small bit Razz

Timaeus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryplex on Fri May 25, 2012 4:29 am

I don't see a problem in increasing the Minotaur food and favor cost (200f, 14fv to maybe 250f, 16fv) as it'll give players a reason to try and get their upgrade, Labyrinth of Minos (250w, 20fv), first which will reduce their cost again significantly (they could still just be 150f, 14fv afterwards if the percentages of the upgrade were changed accordingly).

Cryplex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TSM_Player on Fri May 25, 2012 5:53 am

Cyclops dont need a boost, they are awesome myth units already...

I agree on lowering favor for ares upgrades, but as zeus i was always able to get athena upgrades for my hoplites but i guess Hades suffers on that.

TSM_Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArmyCore on Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I think greek is the most well-balanced civ in the game, and probably doesn't need much adjusting. Ares is very powerful, although athena is a bit too strong. I would be for decreasing the cost of ares's upgrades. minos are also too cheap, they are better than cyclops imo, but are dirt cheap in comparison.

ArmyCore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top